Dimmer mod for icetubeclock
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Dimmer mod for icetubeclock

by nezb on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that there are new firmwares available that fix a bug with intermittent resets of the clock. See: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12780&start=15

This firmware from DigiSage includes many features including the bug fix from caitsith2 above: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13225&p=64764

Had stumped me for a day wondering why my clock kept resetting itself after adding the CdS, but working fine for months beforehand... :roll:
nezb

Re: Dimmer mod for icetubeclock

by wbp on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:21 am

I've been happily playing with (and hacking) my ice tube clock, thanks to all for posting the various firmware versions. Now I'm trying to integrate a GPS module into the mix, and in looking at the DST support, I am puzzled. Unless I'm misreading the code (which is of course possible) it seems to me that the DST mod only works if the clock is powered up and running on the right day. I don't see anything that will check for when the clock is re-booted after the start day for DST has passed and the end date has not yet been reached. What happens if the clock looses power and the backup battery runs out, for example?

It seems to me like there needs to be a check for the date and time being between the two rules...

William

wbp

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.