Clock built, no display

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thedeepfriedboot

Re: Clock built, no display

Post by thedeepfriedboot »

thedeepfriedboot wrote:
adafruit wrote:we will now test to see if the heater is broken. look for the two thin wires in front, are they both in place and not broken? next use the multimeter to test the resistance of the heater filament wires, use this diagram to help you out. one wire goes to the 'thick rod' and the other goes to the 'front plate' http://www.ladyada.net/media/icetube/IV-18.pdf
whats the resistance?
I think I am getting 13.2Ω if I tapped the right wires. I tapped two copper bars, one that goes along the back of the tube and one that hooks into that little rail that holds the 2 thin wires.
Dam, I think I might have found the issue. It looks as if one of the pins for the tube is in the wrong hole, all the pins are shifted over 1 place from where they should be, I think. Your instructions said that there would be 2 pins with large gap whos wires straddle the no connection points on the PCB, it looks a little like there are three wires that have a large separation. Oh well, do you sell new PCB/tube kits for the tube assembly?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

aha! good thing we found the issue. you can try to fix it since there's no reason not to at this point. if its hopeless, you can contact [email protected] for replacement parts

thedeepfriedboot

Post by thedeepfriedboot »

adafruit wrote:aha! good thing we found the issue. you can try to fix it since there's no reason not to at this point. if its hopeless, you can contact [email protected] for replacement parts
Thanks for helping be along the way, ill just contact support. I tried to use a solder pump and remote the tube from the PCB but given how small the holes are, I would need a desolder station. Expect an email in about 5 minutes.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”