PCF8523 not connecting

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ifenta

PCF8523 not connecting

Post by ifenta »

I am using the PCF8523 breakout board (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3295) and it was working perfectly about a week ago with my Featherboard M0. I tried using it with an ESP module and I couldn't find it via I2C. Then I tried again with the M0 and an Uno and it wasn't being recognized with an I2C scanner code. The scanner code works because it detects other I2C modules I connect to it. I tried new breadboards, new wires, new batteries, and even a brand new PCF8523 board and I still can't find it on I2C.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this? Is this a common issue with this module? Let me know. Thanks!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: PCF8523 not connecting

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Generally shouldn't be an issue.
and even a brand new PCF8523 board and I still can't find it on I2C.
This seems odd. Maybe the first one got zapped in the process of moving it from the Feather M0 to the ESP. But now you have a case where you can scan for other I2C devices OK, but none of your PCF8523's show up?

ifenta

Post by ifenta »

Seems I was being silly! XD When running the i2c scanner I set a range that excluded the address for this device; was set up for a test on a different project. It works perfectly fine now! Thanks!

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Cool. Yay! At least it all makes sense.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”