Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Icetube clock long beep
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Icetube clock long beep

by jsabev on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Greetings,

I am in the process of building my second ice tube clock. I have finished the low voltage circuit. When I plug the clock in, often times there is a long beep that sounds like something is wrong. I have never heard this kind of beep when making my first clock. Also, equally often there is the normal short beep and I cannot establish any pattern as to when each beep occurs. As such I am hesitant on continuing the assembly process. What does the long beep signify?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
jsabev

Re: Icetube clock long beep

by adafruit on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 pm

could be something wrong with the chip, or perhaps the power supply. are all the parts that should be in, in? :)

adafruit

by jsabev on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I should mention that I am building the clock from parts sourced myself. One thing that is slightly different is that the C4 capacitor is 220uF 16V as opposed to 220uF 6.3V. The inconsistency of the long vs short beeps makes me nervous.
jsabev

by adafruit on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:11 pm

unfortunately, its extraordinarily difficult to help people with "DIY" kits since parts are different, chips may be programmed wrong etc. If you have a working kit, at least you can compare the two. There is a lot of great free information on the website, so please use that resource to help you with your DIY clock
good luck! :)

adafruit

by jsabev on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Has anyone experienced a long beep with the default firmware (Sept 30?) and is so under what circumstances. I am trying to debug the problem but I find it somewhat difficult. Even with the long beep, the booster circuit part seems to be ok - voltage at around 65V.
jsabev

by chankster on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 pm

I sourced mine myself and havent had any issues with it but then again I never installed a piezo :wink: Take some clear pictures of the top and bottom of your board.
"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?

chankster

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.