Monochron - Header does not fit

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mikemolang

Monochron - Header does not fit

Post by Mikemolang »

I searched the forums and cannot find anyting on this, so I am a bit concerned that this may be a silly question... But still:

I assembled my Monochron. Got it up and working, no problem. However, I bought it to program it, and I realized that the soldering instructions did not instruct me to install the programming headers, and the enclosure instructions showed the enclosure without the headers soldered in place. I went back and installed both headers, only to find that this made it impossible to assemble the case... In the end I snipped the pins off of the 2x3 -pin header, and hacked the pins shorter on the inline header, and "pursuaded it into place" and I hope that I will still be able to make contact using the FTDI.

So, is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
Mike

Mikemolang

Re: Monochron - Header does not fit

Post by Mikemolang »

OK, I reread the original instructions...

"Now, plug in the header so that it fits into the back of the clock, so that the BLACK wire lines up with the text that says blk You will have to hold the cable so that you end up pressing the header at an angle against the socket, this way you will make contact without having to do any soldering"

DOH!!! Oh well. If my mod works, it is better! If not, I will desolder, and do it as designed.

Mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”