IceTube enclosure CDR file - what's up with it? (and the rest of the files)

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Agent24

IceTube enclosure CDR file - what's up with it? (and the rest of the files)

Post by Agent24 »

The IceTube page says you can download the SVG file of the enclosure, but the link redirects you to another site and you can only download a .CDR which is for CorelDraw, apparently.

Now this isn't that useful since CorelDraw isn't free, is it possible to get a proper SVG that can be opened in Inkscape?

I have tried to open the file in Inkscape but the text isn't all there and some of the holes for the switches etc are missing.

Edit: Posted about this on the CorelDraw forum, apparently the file was made with CorelDraw X3 (13) so you need that or higher, unless someone re-saves as an older version (as some nice person did for me!) Inkscape-compatible would be much better!!

Was this file used to create the actual enclosures as they are now or was a different file used? If so, where is the production file that was used? Why is it not available? Why is the only available copy using some proprietary format for an apparently open source project? Doesn't make sense to me...

Along the same lines, why have the PNG schematic links gone? Why is the only download option now in EAGLE format? What is wrong with having both EAGLE and PNG versions?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”