ice tube clock

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
user99991

ice tube clock

Post by user99991 »

Hi, name is denny srun. I have a question on the ice tube clock. I soldered all the components onto the board and when I tested out the voltage on the multimeter it read 3230mV and the display didn't turn on when I plugged in the ac adapter that came with it. What could be the problem??

thanks, denny

adafruit_support_bill

Re: ice tube clock

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

In the tutorial, there were several voltage tests to perform before installing the VFD chip or assembling the display. What were the results of those tests?

What is the output of the boost converter with the VFD chip and tube not installed?

If you post clear photos of the front and back of the boards we can look for any assembly problems.

user99991

Post by user99991 »

The test without the VFD .54 mV The 3230 mV is the test with the VFD and without the tube. The voltage with tube 73.3 mV Here are the pics of my board:

user99991

Post by user99991 »

i see three mistakes so far i put the chip holder incorrectly, one of the diode is reversed, and transistor is reversed.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The photos are a little fuzzy, but it looks like you have both transistors (Q2 and Q3) installed backward.

It is important to follow the instructions and perform all the tests:
If one of the tests fails, DONT KEEP GOING! Stop, try to get the test working again and post in the forums if you're stuck. If you keep going it will not magically fix itself and you'll have much more to try to debug...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”