ICE TUBE CLOCK: BUZZER NOT ACTIVATING AT SECOND TEST

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dangerous_Toast

ICE TUBE CLOCK: BUZZER NOT ACTIVATING AT SECOND TEST

Post by Dangerous_Toast »

I am working on the ice tube clock and the buzzer will not go off at the second test. The regulator chip voltage readings are still within the boundaries and I had no trouble with the first test. I also noticed that in the troubleshooting guide provided in this forum, one of the things to check if the buzzer isn't going off at this point is to make sure the C10 and R2 components were soldered in well; these two components were not installed yet when I was following the given directions, but I installed those them in case of the directions being slightly mixed up (or if my pages were in the wrong order or something). However, it still does not work. Any ideas? Keep in mind that the solder joints for the chip socket are shinier than they appear, the lighting was just a bit wacky.
Attachments
icetubeclockasdfasdf.png
icetubeclockasdfasdf.png (574.12 KiB) Viewed 634 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: ICE TUBE CLOCK: BUZZER NOT ACTIVATING AT SECOND TEST

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Can we get some larger-clearer photos? Near a window or even outside during the day you can usually get better, glare-free lighting.

Dangerous_Toast

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Can we get some larger-clearer photos? Near a window or even outside during the day you can usually get better, glare-free lighting.
Here, hope these are better. Thank you for you time, I am new to the forums so I am not great at formatting the pictures yet.
Attachments
purple3.jpg
purple3.jpg (252.83 KiB) Viewed 583 times
purple2.jpg
purple2.jpg (334.55 KiB) Viewed 583 times
purple1.jpg
purple1.jpg (293.01 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Dangerous_Toast

UPDATE: I have retouched all of the solder points and the buzzer is now activating.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Sorry I missed your update on Sunday afternoon. Those photos are much clearer. But it sounds like you have that problem resolved. Let us know how the rest of the build goes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”