Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

ICE TUBE CLOCK - missing PCB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

ICE TUBE CLOCK - missing PCB

by smilek33 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Our kit is missing the PCB. Even though there is no picture of that component we have found every other part that we have on the parts list and none of them are the PCB - Paired Circuit Board.
Please advise how we can obtain a replacement PCB so that we can complete the construction of our clock.
Thank you.

smilek33

Re: ICE TUBE CLOCK - missing PCB

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Please contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and we can send you a PCB.

adafruit_support_bill

by smilek33 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Oops. My mistake. I requested a PCB, which I received in the mail; however, the MISSING PART is the HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSISTOR.
FYI, there is no picture of the High Voltage Transistor on the Parts List, but I found it in the instructional manual. It looks like a silver piece with two legs on either side and the follow inscription on the top of the part:
IRFD170
IORP818E
V9 J1

PLEASE SEND ME THE HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSISTOR.

Also, please advise if I should SEND BACK (?) the PCB that you sent me.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help. Being a newbie has proved challenging but I am still having fun.

smilek33

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 am

Is this the part?

Please contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and request a replacement Q2 HEXFET for the Ice Tube.

adafruit_support_bill

by smilek33 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I HAVE THIS PART in my kit (Q2 HEXFET); however, the marking on it are NOT THE SAME.

The one in the picture on theINSTRUCTION MANUAL has the following printed on it: IRFD110 1(omega ?)RP818E R4 8K
The same part looks gray in the top picture and black in the lower picture.

The one pictured in the PARTS LIST had the following printed on it: IRFD110 5AF(delta) 8K and is called: Q2 HEXFET

The one pictured in your response is: Q2 HEXFET but I cannot make out the printing on the top.

All of these parts look like the one in the picture in your response below and the one that came in my kit but with different markings.

This is certainly a little confusing to a newbie. If these are all the SAME PART please tell me and I will use the one that came in the kit even though the markings are not exactly the same. Otherwise please advise.

THANKS SO MUCH.

smilek33

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 pm

The parts are equivalent. You can use the one that came in your kit.

adafruit_support_bill

by smilek33 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks so much for you help.

I am hoping that this is the last time I will have to contact you --- but don't hold your breath.

smilek33

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.