Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

New RTClib Library Supporting Trinket?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

New RTClib Library Supporting Trinket?

by marke3 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:37 pm

In a recent recent thread on DS1307 with a trinket, the user was having some problems amongst which was Wire.h trying to use a register (TWBR) that ATtiny85 doesn't have. Normal advice offered pointing to TinyRTClib and TinyWireM but I looked for a Learning System reference to also suggest as guidance and found this recent one:

https://learn.adafruit.com/trinket-rgb-shield-clock/overview

With the following update:

Update 2016: Adafruit has updated their libraries to allow the Trinket's ATtiny85 to use the same libraries as the Arduino Uno and other boards. This tutorial updates the libraries and code to reflect this.

Which is great news but the compatability issues are also in an Arduino library, Wire.h.

I tried compiling myself with these latest libraries and got the same error trying to use TWBR register

It doesn't seem easy to find documentation or source listings on latest Arduino library releases, so all I'm going on is that the Library Manager identifies my installed version as 1.0.0 with no option to update.

Am I missing something? Is there a new Wire.h somewhere offering compatability with Trinket?

marke3

Re: New RTClib Library Supporting Trinket?

by marke3 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 am

A post by Adafruit2 in the other thread went straight to this so no need to answer here.

https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=76922&p=453283#p453283

Thanks.

marke3

Re: New RTClib Library Supporting Trinket?

by bmf on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks! This is just the info I was looking for too.

bmf

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.