Flora NeoPixel Ring Clock

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
iguanaman

Re: Flora NeoPixel Ring Clock

Post by iguanaman »

I hadn't noticed it, but it is probably the same issue with mapping that the hour hand had. When there are two values for the hour (12 and 13) it would return the same result which is incorrect. That is why I subtracted "1" from the result when the hour was 12. I suspect the same code would be applied to the minute hand except the minute would be 0 and 1, so another correction would be needed. You can make such a change and where the time is set, simply force the minute to be zero and see if it corrects the location. If it does then you can remove the forced minute and allow it to retrieve the correct time again. I will test with mine to see if I can replicate the issue and correct it.

iguanaman

Post by iguanaman »

Here is a different version with the mapping for the minute adjusted if the minute is zero. In doing that I had to increase the outerTOP_LED value by one (from 8 to 9 in my case) It seems to be working but I'm not certain it is all correct now. At this point I am leaving mine with this code and moving on to other projects.
Attachments
RingClock8.zip
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

iguanaman

Post by iguanaman »

After the clock was running for a few days and had no issues, it suddenly lost the GPS signals and could not get them back after that (several hours later) however when I rebooted the Flora it quickly began working again. I am suspicious that the GPS include code or some other element with the GPS is causing these lost connections. Not sure if memory leak or something else. I modified the code (again) to check the signal and if missing for more than one hour to reset the board. So far this trick seems to have worked and the clock has now run for several days without losing the GPS signals. I feel like I've had to make a lot of "kludge" fixes to get the clock running properly and keep it running.

If anyone wants the version with the auto-reset let me know and I will post it here.

Spetznatz1

Post by Spetznatz1 »

That would be great! I haven't seen that issue yet, but then again I don't have the clock running all the time. I shut it down quite often as I'm still trying to decide on a case for it.

iguanaman

Post by iguanaman »

I will post a new version this evening when I get off work

iguanaman

Post by iguanaman »

Here is the latest version. As usual be sure to change the timezone and possibly the PIN location
Attachments
RingClock9.zip
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Spetznatz1

Post by Spetznatz1 »

Awesome, thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”