Reflow oven T100C

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gsattler

Re: Reflow oven T100C

Post by gsattler »

I agree, the mechanical bits are of much, much better quality than the electroic and software bits. This is exactly the same situation I ran into on the pick & place, and again on a 3-axis CNC router. Luckily for the CNC router it is much easier to get a quality motor controller and well written CNC machine control software already exists. Pick & place....well that's a work in progress.

bandtank

Post by bandtank »

Do you use Mach3? I built a 3 axis CNC router in my garage and I tried a lot of different options, but ended up buying Mach3. It works wonderfully in my opinion.

I've been looking into a pick and place machine as well. Do you recommend the one you selected?

gsattler

Post by gsattler »

I use Mach3 to run both the Tormach PCNC1100 CNC machine for our R&D work and to run the High-Z S-720 CNC router for our production work. The Tormach stepper setup is stock but the High-Z now uses a Gecko G540 motor controller. Haven't had any problems with the motor controller since I switched to Gecko. I really think Mach3 works great aside from needing to run on a machine with a parallel port. If someone came along and did a CANbus-linked machine controller it would be much more robust, but the market just isn't there to be profitable.

bandtank

Post by bandtank »

I'm using a G540 as well and really like it.

The parallel port bugs me a little, too, but at least that design decision makes sense in some capacity. Parallel being real-time is an easy and low cost solution. I'd like USB connectivity to be honest.

gsattler

Post by gsattler »

We have an MDC Luna EXP 7722FV / Manncorp 7722FV pick & place machine and it works pretty well once we sorted out all of the camera issues with the help of this excellent forum (Thanks Adafruit gang!!!). The learning curve is extremely steep so expect to spend quite a bit of time figuring it out. I have gone to a number of SMT trade shows after buying the 7722FV and now I think I would take a closer look at the APS LE-40V system for prototyping which I have heard is a bit better from a number of solder paste, stencil & oven manufacturers. The nice thing about the 7722FV is that there are at least 5 serious users of the machine here on the forums and any problems you have will probably be something that someone else has dealt with. We are looking to put in a serious SMT production line near the end of this year so it will likely have a used Samsung or Juki chip shooter/pick & place. When looking into getting a pick & place machine, keep in mind that the quality of the solder paste can be a killer, especially for larger, high density boards with a wide variety of components. Price out the stencil printer, pick & place machine, oven and any other possible equipment before jumping in. Once you add all the feeders the cost of the machine doubles!

estechnical

Post by estechnical »

Hi all,

Great thread about these reflow ovens, I've visited here a few times during our reflow oven saga...

We have given in (!) and designed and manufactured a drop in controller replacement for the T962 and T962A ovens. Our controller upgrades are available on ebay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190827607864

I hope that these controllers will help people get the best from these cheap and readily available ovens. We have managed to fix the issues reported online that users have experienced, the oven control is easy to control as it has simple parametric adjustments for all the crucial settings.

Thanks for looking,

Best regards,
Ed
Last edited by estechnical on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

estechnical

Post by estechnical »

Hello again,

There is now a new link to the reflow controller upgrade for the T962(A) ovens - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190827607864 and we are also now offering the upgraded ovens ready to use - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190823838689

Thanks for looking :)

Best regards,
Ed

gustep12

Post by gustep12 »

Hi everyone. I also have a Torch T200C oven here. Using the manual buttons on the temperature controller, I can see that it has stored only 2 reflow profiles (meaning 2 of 5 profile slots have some data), and neither of them goes high enough for lead-free solder.

I want to add another reflow profile with higher temps, but this is a pain to do over the front panel - probably 2000 button clicks.

So I am trying to use the included software to connect to the RS232 port. The software comes on a CD, and is called "Reflow Soldering Control System200N 5.1setup.exe", approximately 27MB in size. However, after running the setup file, I can't get the software to open - it says insufficient memory or something along those lines. Furthermore, it seems all the other files that the setup program created are also corrupt - the DOC, the PDF, even the BAT file have just garbage in them. This is independent of the PC, I tried this on WinXP, Win2k, even Linux/Wine, but it won't run.

Could someone please provide me with a link to a working copy of the reflow controller software? Any language version is ok.

For the record, my broken setup file is here - but again, I believe it is useless (sorry):
Reflow Soldering Control System200N 5.1setup.exe - 27MB
https://stanford.box.com/s/77ruyjvapybk ... 6f9t5lggj7

Any advice on getting this to run would be much appreciated.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”