Fidcuals in PCBoard Data List (7722FV)

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ktownsend

Fidcuals in PCBoard Data List (7722FV)

Post by ktownsend »

While I'm very impressed with the HW so far, the SW definately has me scratching my head at times. I'm trying to make a new PCB Parts data list and the first two items (Fdr 261, 262) are fiducials, for which I've created appropriate parts (#16 for MARK1 and #28 for MARK2 in this case). The parts have the right size when I go into teaching mode and I can move to the fiducial and save the position, but whatever I try to change the X/Y coordinates they don't persist and it always goes back to default values when I exit the PCB Parts list and return. I've tried deleting the entire list except 1 part and entering just the first fiducal, but no luck. Nothing seems to change for fiducials. If I enter normal parts the values stick, but MARK1/2 just don't seem to want to work.

Is there some magic song and dance that I need to do to get entered fiducal values to stick?

Kevin.

adafruit

Re: Fidcuals in PCBoard Data List (7722FV)

Post by adafruit »

hm i didnt have any fid problems. did you set the bias origin first? and set the feeder to like 261 and 262 (i think thats the #)

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

I started a new board and it worked this time. I can't say it's much fun programming this thing, but I suppose you only have to do it once per board. Where are you setting your origin point yourself ... at the edge of the little metal tab where you insert the PCB? I notice if you try to set the bias point when you have no components in the PCB part list it crashes the program as well. It still beats programming by numbers, but it'll take me a week or two to really get the hang of this thing.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i usually put the bias point over a small via or at the right angle of a pad in the top left so its easy to find again

isozee

Post by isozee »

but whatever I try to change the X/Y coordinates they don't persist and it always goes back to default values when I exit the PCB Parts list
Check Hd value left of 261/262. If it is zero then it is skip mark and data will not be changed.
Isozee

blogger

Post by blogger »

If you want your boards to actually be properly placed, never set bias.
Always have FID marks on exported pcb data, make sure they're at the top of the list,
then align by using those marks (top right corner of parts list), then never change parts X/Y unless the exported data is actually wrong. Never actually edit FID X/Y (duno if you even can).
Only align once and then correct any parts after alignment.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

here is a quick review of some notes I made with fiducials - hopefully this will be handy

http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/mdcpickandplace/fiducials

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”