Toaster Oven - Argos UK

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Philly

Toaster Oven - Argos UK

Post by Philly »

Well I picked this own brand argos toaster oven ready to develop a controller for it. They cost £20 and are 900w/9litre with 3 trays, heres a few pics:

and

Notice with the first pic, there is a hole ready made in the side just the right size for a thermocouple. It seems good quality, good size and the door opens downwards :D

Will let you know how it goes after testing, got a few protos to build.

mikeselectricstuff

Re: Toaster Oven - Argos UK

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

What's the PCB tray size ?
Can't quite see the heater shape from the pic - is it a single bare or a U?

Philly

Post by Philly »

Each tube is just a single straight tube(top and bottom) but I have seen these for sale elsewhere, I cant see if being too difficult to add another one.

The grill rack is around 230mm x 200mm, the roasting tin style tray is about 250x200 and theres a flat crumb catcher which fits on the shelf sliders.

Philly

Post by Philly »

I managed to have a proper test today with home made stencils and human temp control ;) Its spot on, heats up evenly, works well and its cheap, just waiting for my solid state relays to arrive to slightly automate the process. If my stencil was a little better made it would have been flawless :)

Hamradio2008

Post by Hamradio2008 »

What type of microcontroller are you using? An arduino possibly? if so please share the sketch, even if it is not fully developed. My toster oven is werking quite well and I am still adding in code as time passes. Tom

Philly

Post by Philly »

I've not coded it yet, but will add it when its done :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”