Two Extra pick and place machines

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
johnyq

Two Extra pick and place machines

Post by johnyq »

I have two ECM-93 pick and place machines available. These are the predecessors of the MDC-7700 style machines.
Although they have the same model number they are entirely different. The straight ECM-93 is a desktop machine that had only one owner since new when I bought it and was in very good shape. I used it for software development which over many months probably added a few hours on it. I have the software and interface card for it but it needs an old PC to run it. It has the teaching camera and cross-hair generator. You could get a PC locally for less than it would cost for me to ship it. I have some schematics and wiring diagrams for it. I also have the factory source code for it in Basic. I also have users manual in source form. Manncorp sells these for 7-10K. This machine should work easily, asking $5000.

The second machine is a 93P which is tremendously different. It has more of the mechanism of a high end machine. It is a stand alone floor model and is much bigger. It has a tray feeder mechanism that will hold and select parts from 6 trays. This machine sold for $75K new 3 times that of the desktop machine. It has an up facing camera for QFP parts. It has one pickup spindle but is 90% equipped for a second. I have a few hard to get parts to complete the second spindle it but not all. This is a great project machine. For some one that aspired to build one this would give you an 80% head start. I say this because I don't have the exact software for this machine. The factory might have it. I don't know if the software that I have supports the UP facing camera or the tray feeder. If you were writing your own it wouldn't matter. This machine uses the same interface card and feeders. I do know how to drive the interface card in software. Asking $4500.

Both machine use the same tape feeders as the later machines.

Call me if you are interested. 9AM to 2PM or 8PM to 10PM
I can send photos.

John Youngquist 905 295 2755 EDT

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”