Air Compressor recommendation for 7722

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wmdevices

Air Compressor recommendation for 7722

Post by wmdevices »

I just ordered a 7722 from Manncorp, should be here in a month or so. I'm wondering what type of air compressor you use and what sort of filter and air dryer you have for the air supply. Thanks!

adafruit

Re: Air Compressor recommendation for 7722

Post by adafruit »

wmdevices

Post by wmdevices »

I saw your wiki just after posting about it. Thanks for that. Do you find that the PC106 cycles off and on quite a lot? Do you have another compressor for air for the rest of your shop? Would you see any problems sharing one large compressor? Thanks!

ktownsend

Post by ktownsend »

I think the priority for Adafruit was noise, and their compressor is pretty quiet compared to most others I've seen. It's only used for the PnP as well ... but appropriate for an office environment, though you pay a premium for that. I'd like to pick up the same myself, but they're very hard to find in Europe outside the UK (and they company in the UK won't delivery outside the UK, sigh).

wmdevices

Post by wmdevices »

I went ahead and got a good sized (26 gallon) compressor that can go in a separate room. It's actually quite quiet with the door closed. It provides air two three workstations and the PnP machine (when it gets here). Also got a Hankison air filter/dryer as it can produce quite a bit of water.

Thanks for the wiki and all the info.

Rochey

Post by Rochey »

I use a GMC Syclone compressor (from amazon) with my ECM93.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038MWDXY/

I also know some other guys in Dallas using it with their larger mydata(???) machine.

It's quiet too... nice suprise!

/R

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”