Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alphatronique

Re: Mydata how-to and bit of hacking ....

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

ok bit more update on my PIII hack ....

got today my second main-board whit "normal" bios on it ,so remove bios chip erase it and flash the Mydata one into it and noting :cry:
so was bit perplex ,have check all IC on the board for find another memory chip whit no luck

use of award bios explorer and un-packer have show noting interesting on the bin file and no Mydata ASCII text string

i lack of new idea now any suggestion was welcome

for info this is the main board mydata use

http://web.archive.org/web/200112242028 ... at915.html PIII 700 (PF2)
http://web.archive.org/web/200201111106 ... at840.html P1 233MMX

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

for help management of all mydata related stuff and avoid to cannibalize adafruit forum

i setup a yahoo group for mydata

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/MyData_Group/

will still keep it here update but group was bit better for organise data

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi All,
I wanted to run this by to see if anyone can please help me. I have been seeing some strange light curtain errors upon initialization and operation on my TP9-UFP. I say strange because sometimes they occur with no feeders on the machine. Does anyone have a calibration procedure for this system, or any diagnostic tips for testing. Is there an amplifier or power supply maybe getting funky. Is there a way to bypass for troubleshooting. I have also seen a few MOT errors occur sometimes with this, but don't k now if one is affecting the other. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

you may check this ,got similar issue some time ago

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 15#p202516

normally feeder was under the light curtain so it not matter ,it designer more for
detect operator hand placed at verry wrong place ;-)

a good start may check power supply ,you have TP being the computer box
refer to picture .. even if it write +/-80 usual was more +/-75v what really mather
was AC voltage that may appear if one of the filtering cap was dead

then most comme error source was card dirty connector ot not well seated on the backplane

have more detail about mot card error may also help for figure what wrong

hope it help
Attachments
power supply test point on back of computer box
power supply test point on back of computer box
mydata_TP.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 3032 times

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Thank you for your response. The machine powered up cleanly today and ran all day with no issues. I'll keep notes on any MOT errors I see and get them over to you. Thanks again, Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

if happen take picture of the monitor screen

code show permit to track down what happen , most of time it related to mechanical

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
I pulled out my notes from the last time the machine went into the error condition. The message was as follows:

F-MOT-MSETDYN X/2 Lower end point not repeatable
F-MOT-MOV X/32004: Message wait timeout
F-MOT-MSETDYN X/32004
F-HRDW-2
F-HRDW-3

In one instance I was able to re-initialize the motors and start running again. There was also an X/246 "light curtain triggered " error mixed in there. Does that indicate which side of the light curtain failed?

Thanks,
Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

HI

based on my service manual and expeience

MOT-MSETDYN/2: lower end point not repeatable
End stop position not constant (checked during initialization).
• Mechanical problem.
• Check end stop hardware for loose screws etc.

HRDW-2: Hardware initiation failed
Failed to initialize motors.
• Hardware error. (Previous messages should give more information
about the source of the error).
This is in some cases normal system behavior. Always check previ-
ous messages for the cause of the error.

HRDW-3: Hardware not initiated
The application tried to move an axis or send some other message
before the hardware was initiated.
• Operator choose not to initiate the hardware.
• Software problem, unless this happens in combination with
messages that indicate that there is a hardware problem
somewhere in the system.

it have mechanical shock absorber that use as mechanical stop , at init machine hit this 3 time
and read back motor current for determine impact position (home) if the 3 mesire was to far away each other it trig that kind message

so make sure it have no obstruction and that damper was still good (have similar one at other end of X rail

also if you move that bumper you need to redo machine setup and calibration so if you never
start machine from HD clean install or do calibration make caution ..
it not hard to calibrate (specially since Tpsys 2.6 but still bit technical and need cal plate)
so try to change bumper was very last resort

P.S check also that the two 50 pin flat ribbon was not to tight and aluminium rain under it was set good it may misplaced and put to much tension when head was close to stopper and interfere whit it

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Thank you. I appreciate you looking into those codes for me. I don't run the machine every day, but I do have a couple of jobs coming up this week. I will monitor and record any errors that I see to let you know.

Take care,

Dave

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Could you lease take a moment top read through the following? I came into a bit of trouble yesterday that I wanted to ask you for any suggestions. After running a few boards my TP9-UFP machine hung up and asked me to press the emergency stop switch. It seemed that it hung over a feeder position with an 0805 resistor on the nozzle. In order for me to get out of this error I need to ALT F3 to get to the $ prompt, type "halt", shut down, and reboot machine. This is nothing new. However, when I tried to initialize the machine after reboot, the x axis would not move and initialization failed, with the F-MOT-MSETDYN X/32004 code listed. I removed the feeder banks from the machine, which then prompted a light curtain error, but repeated attempts to initialize failed, always with the same error, and with the machine initializing all axis' except X, which would never move at all. Each time, the light curtain cards would be showing a green status, but flash red for an instant. I also noticed that the MOT X card which under normal circumstances has a constant red led lit and a slow flashing green led, showed only the solid red. I went into the "EXIT to Service" menu and looked a the status of the MOT cards and saw that the X was not loaded. I then loaded it and rechecked the status, and it was loaded OK. At this time the MOT X could be seen in the solid red and slowly flashing green led's as normal. However, attempting to initialize the machine from this point led to no axis movement and an initialization failure. If I power down and reboot machine I end up back to the MOT X unloaded and all other axis initializing OK except for X. Any ideas? Is not loading during boot up typical of a MOT card failure? or could there be something in the light curtain safety circuit causing this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi Dave

ok that good question ...

if X not move during initializing it may look like a bad card or something electrical

what may suggest was ..

1-) move by hand X wagon to left side ,for this take grip on base plate ,never on camera or "C" unit for not move something and de-calibrate machine , main idea here was a-) check if bad encoder by move it position b-) reduce length of left side light fence

2-) check if possible on service menu for show transducer and see if value change during wagon move

3-) swap "X" mot card whit another one (mot-c or mot-Y) all that card was same and it load firm as need on it
if issue follow the card ,it card issue :mrgreen:

4-) for test light fence , carefully hear for relay sound and put hand on it both side of the head
if hear relay click when broke fence it work ...

normally when i got a motor time out i stay on menu and go "utility" then "re-init motor controller"

it may good idea to joint the yahoo group ,it small but some one else may got other solution to

Best regard

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. I will check out those items, and will also try to register for your yahoo group as well. When changing MOT cards between axis, do I need to look for any jumper or dip switch settings on the cards, or are the x, y, and c completely interchangeable as used? Also, if I can get one from another machine, will it interchange as well, or are there differences?

Thanks again,

Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

Hi

old MOT-1 need a setting change ... for X setting (see attached .pdf)

normally you may even swap a mot-1 for a newer mot-2 or even mot-3 card

and machine will configure it as it need ,it have make a great and good job on hardware design :mrgreen:

Daver5

Post by Daver5 »

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply. Is there a trick to opening the PDF you mentioned? I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks again,

Dave

alphatronique

Post by alphatronique »

ummm ok forum not seem to like .pdf ..
Attachments
mot1.jpg
mot1.jpg (71.01 KiB) Viewed 2889 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”