SMT Breakout PCB for TSSOP-28

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PJC

SMT Breakout PCB for TSSOP-28

Post by PJC »

Hello all,

I am verry interested by the breakout PCB that allow prototyping with TSSOP chips. I am thinking to buy a 28 pins board to start playing with a PWM constant current LED Driver (TLC59116) http://www.ti.com/product/tlc59116
I just want to know what is the pitch (lead spacing) used for TSSOP side? I know it is 1.27mm for SOIC but it can be 0.635mm or 0.5mm for TSSOP.
The TLC59116 is 0.635mm lead spacing, does it fit?

An aditional question would be does the breakout PCB can fit in a prototyping breadboard? But I guess yes :)

Thanks for your help

Product ID: 1208

adafruit_support_mike

Re: SMT Breakout PCB for TSSOP-28

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

TSSOP is .65mm spacing, or 40 pins per inch. The .5mm spacing happens on QFN devices.

All the breakouts are designed to fit in a breadboard. The ones with larger pin counts are wider than the .3" spacing at the center of a breadboard because pins and traces take up space, but the spacing between the rows of pins is always some multiple of .1".

PJC

Post by PJC »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the answer and technical support, I am now going to place my order!!
Looking forward prototyping using your board,

Cheers

dmarks_ls

Post by dmarks_ls »

I hate to necro-post, but this person asked the exact question I needed to ask, namely what the pin pitch is on your TSSOP adapters, and I had to go Googling for the answer.

http://www.adafruit.com/product/1208 (and many others)

0.65mm may be the standard, but it would be simple and unambiguous for you to state in the product description what the pitch of the adapter pads are. Thanks.

David

ke5fx

Post by ke5fx »

There's actually no formal standard associating (T)SSOP packaging with a certain pin pitch. You sometimes see .65 mm, sometimes .635. I just ran into this for the first time, myself, luckily before any boards went out...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”