10-piece Hot Air Rework Soldering Nozzle Kit
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

10-piece Hot Air Rework Soldering Nozzle Kit

by AllanGabstonHowell on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm

In looking through the specifications on this product listing, conspicuously missing is the range of clamping diameters that these nozzles will accommodate. Many of us already have hot air re-work stations of one type / brand or another; but find this assortment of nozzles compelling enough to want to add to their air flow options. Not having a clamp range specified is more likely to drive a person away from making the purchase, than to take the risk.

I would wager that, adding this simple specification to your technical details, can only enhance your sales.

That said, will these reliably and securely fit onto a 22.5mm diameter hot air blower?

AllanGabstonHowell

Re: 10-piece Hot Air Rework Soldering Nozzle Kit

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 pm

I'll mention that to the folks who handle the shop pages. Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: 10-piece Hot Air Rework Soldering Nozzle Kit

by AllanGabstonHowell on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm

OK.....to provide a point of reference for others, I'll answer my earlier question.

After ordering and receiving the indicated kit, I can confirm that each nozzle WILL securely clamp onto a 22.5mm blower nozzle.

This appears to be a good kit, BTW. I haven't had a chance to put all nozzles through their paces, but the very small nozzles do function as expected. The next test will be the square-pattern nozzles, as I have quite a few boards waiting for microcontroller replacements.

AllanGabstonHowell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.