USB Voltage Meter (OLED version) no workie
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

USB Voltage Meter (OLED version) no workie

by squidly1 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Hey all:

Got my new USB Voltage Meter (with OLED display) along with some other goodies today (yay). But when I went to test out the USB voltage meter in line with a device it failed to show anything other than the "Welcome" boot screen. I watched the New Products video from 19 August 2015, which shows Limor using this awesome product by itself and in line with a load, so I don't think I'm using it wrong and she didn't say that there was any hokey-pokey needed to get it to work. I checked the product card that came in the carrier box and there's nothing special written on it concerning a process - just plug and play. I've hooked it up using different power sources, loads and cables, and all I get is the "Welcome" screen and then it goes dark. The only thing it does is that it passes a charge to any attached load - just no display to show me details about the voltage, amps or watts - nadda. No error messages to report either.

Also, I tried pressing the button on the back (the one that resets stored readings) just for good measure - didn't budge : (.

Taking a photo is a no go. I don't have a camera that will shoot as fast as the screen clears (and I don't have an extra hand to snap a pic while holding the camera and plugging in the unit). So I have the following link showing a brief video:
http://schleppingsquid.net/USBVM/USBVM-Problem.MP4

Product I purchased: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2690

- Theresa

squidly1

Re: USB Voltage Meter (OLED version) no workie

by adafruit2 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:46 pm

hey squidly - thats not good - lets get you a new one. email support@adafruit with a link to this thread and we'll send you a replacement. (you can also try pressing the button on the back but i dont think that will actually fix it)

adafruit2
Site Admin

by squidly1 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Sorry about the lag in my reply. I received the new meter and it works like a champ! Thanks!!

squidly1

by rickbit on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Support Team,

I recently received my USB voltage meter: http://www.adafruit.com/products/2690 and I'm having the same issue as squidly1.

In my case the meter remains stuck on the welcome screen after power-up each time I insert it into a USB port. This happens with or without a test USB device connected to the meter. I pressed the display reverse button on the back of the meter (momentarily and press-hold) while it was powered up, but it had no effect. The display simply shows "WELCOME" and then hangs indefinitely. The meter will allow a connected device to charge, but nothing appears on the display except the welcome message.

Thanks in advance,
-Rick

rickbit

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 am

When did you get the meter?

adafruit_support_mike

by rickbit on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am

I received the meter on or around Sep-26.

It was part of Order#: 1862903-1535380169

-Rick

rickbit

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Thank you. Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to support@adafruit.com. The folks there will get you a replacement.

adafruit_support_mike

by rickbit on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 am

Will do. Thank you for your help.

rickbit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.