Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

Breadboard insertion points FUBAR
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Breadboard insertion points FUBAR

by john_galt on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:31 am

Hi,

I recently purchased two full sized breadboards on order # 1292179-9932533454. I started using one and am finding that a lot of the insertion points are either difficult insert a wire or pin into or just won't accept a wire or pin. I'm really not sure how to send a picture of the problem but would give it a try if requested. Can anything be done to remedy this problem?

Thanks,

Doug

john_galt

Re: Breadboard insertion points FUBAR

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 am

These do tend to be pretty stiff when new. And thicker things like header pins can take a lot of force to insert.

To post a photo, use the "Choose File" button below the edit box to select the file. Then click "Add the file. There is a 1 meg limit. 800x600 is a good size.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Breadboard insertion points FUBAR

by john_galt on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:21 am

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. When I can bend jumper wire pins trying to insert and can't insert something with header pins for fear of breaking something I'll call it defective. I have several other breadboards and have not experienced this but understand that given what's involved it can happen. I'll just write this one off.

Doug

john_galt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.