Troublesome Flashforge Creator Pro

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
matlaw

Troublesome Flashforge Creator Pro

Post by matlaw »

In February I ordered a Creator Pro for use in our engineering office. Out of the box I have had issues with it unfortunately I have been busy on another project so it took longer than I wanted to reach out.

The primary issue seems to be related to slop in the Z axis. The bearings themselves make a loud screeching noise when traveling further than about 30mm. There is also a loose feeling to the bed. You can easily move it several mm by hand. I have gone over the entire assembly and tightened every single screw to no avail. All belts seem to be nice and tight. I have done lots of web searching and have tried many settings in my slicer, Simplify3D, and nothing has resulted in a quality print. My $300 printer at home runs circles around this machine.

The print quality issues are zits, stringing, poor bed adhesion when running a large part, inconsistent layer widths, both under and over extrusion (in the same print!), and odd waves in the layers going up the Z axis. I have tried a wide range of settings but the best results have been near the Simplify3D defaults for the Flashforge Creator Pro.

This morning my boss announced that he "wants that printer out of here". I suppose my questions are, is there possibly some troubleshooting I may be missing? What does your return policy look like since the purchase was made four months ago? Is it possible to switch this machine out for an Ultimaker? We plan on 3D printing several parts for a low volume product (100ish annually) so I really need a machine I can rely on.
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG (44.97 KiB) Viewed 752 times
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG (43.36 KiB) Viewed 752 times
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG (62.38 KiB) Viewed 752 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Troublesome Flashforge Creator Pro

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

By now we can't offer replacement, refund, or exchange. That period runs 30 days for us in general, and 90 days for Flashforge's warranty:

http://www.flashforge-usa.com/support/warranty/

For troubleshooting information, the best thing you can do is contact Flashforge and see what help they can offer. They know the details of that machine far better than we do:

http://www.flashforge-usa.com/support/get-in-touch/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”