Extra Adafruit Shipping Boxes?

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
The16Points

Extra Adafruit Shipping Boxes?

Post by The16Points »

Possibly an odd request here.

I'm working on a small guitar amp, which uses a Nano to cycle power to two LM386 amp modules to created a sort-of gated/tremolo effect.

I've found that the 8.5x3x4 Adafruit shipping box makes a perfect cabinet for this amp:
amprough.jpg
amprough.jpg (196.5 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
I'm figuring out the layout as I go along. And as you can see, when it comes to design, I follow the classic rule "Measure zero times, cut once." :)

Is it possible to get a couple 8.5x3.x4 Adafruit boxes for me to use as I perfect this design? Like with my next order, pay cost for a couple extra boxes to be included (shipped flat or whatever)? I really like to look of the box, and it would be nice to get the design right on one of them at least.

Also, what is the next size up? It might be interesting to get a slightly larger box too.

These aren't for commercial use, I won't be selling them or implying that I have any association w/ Adafruit. It's just a great box for this project.

The16Points

Re: Extra Adafruit Shipping Boxes?

Post by The16Points »

If anyone's interested, I've finished the current build of this amp. You can hear it in all it's "glory" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fExnwgDnvaU

Now imagine how good it'll look the next go 'round with a new Adafruit box! (And if there's a better way to make this request, please let me know. I figured the Tools section might be closest to where I should post this)

EDIT: Went back and made the holes a little bigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FoRHpJfV2Q
Last edited by The16Points on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I've passed the request along to our shipping team. I'll check back to see if they respond.

The16Points

Post by The16Points »

Thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”