Recommended Multimeter

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ElectricalEngineering

Recommended Multimeter

Post by ElectricalEngineering »

I am using UNI-T UT 33 B for my projects. The guy works fine but it lacks continuity function. (Unfortunately)!

Looking for some useful device around $50 that could assist my Flora projects.

danhalbert

Re: Recommended Multimeter

Post by danhalbert »

Do you want a beeping continuity tester? I looked at the UT33B manual and it looks like you could use the diode test position for continuity (but only the UT33C and D beep). We sell a number of vetted multimeters, most of which have continuity beepers: https://www.adafruit.com/?q=multimeter

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We sell a number of vetted multimeters
The Fluke we carry is an awesome professional and industrial quality instrument. But for an everyday meter the Extech is an superb meter for the price. It is my 'go-to' meter in the shop.

ElectricalEngineering

Post by ElectricalEngineering »

danhalbert wrote:Do you want a beeping continuity tester? I looked at the UT33B manual and it looks like you could use the diode test position for continuity (but only the UT33C and D beep).
Sometimes the diode test can be used, but it serves worst in some continuity scenarios. Need a meter with continuity function. I am going for some Extech meter with the continuity function. Thanks for sharing store it has some Extech meters I will soon select the one for me.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”