Adafruit engineering supplies

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
andrew678122

Adafruit engineering supplies

Post by andrew678122 »

I had a repair job to do on a $1300 astrophotography camera (list price new) so I ordered what I needed from Adafruit: adjustable soldering iron, soldering iron stand, .5mm flux cored solder, wire cutters, solder sucker, and some other stuff. I have to say that camera almost fixed itself! Two hours later I was done and had the camera dangling from a USB on my computer and it was working like a champ! I don't know what you feed your tools an' stuff but keep it up!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Adafruit engineering supplies

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear the repair worked out for you!

We have kind of an advantage on suggesting tools because we use them ourselves, every day. You pick up opinions that way, and we don't carry anything we wouldn't use ourselves.

andrew678122

Post by andrew678122 »

Thanks Mike and yeah, people who use tools know tools...

You cain't imagine how happy I was when I saw that camera returning the first picture! I've been buying some other stuff to make a remote controlled focuser for the lens I use with the camera, everything is goin' together!

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It's sometimes called 'first light'.. the moment when a project first does what you expected it to. The laws of physics basically say, "yep, you got it right," and yeah, that's a heck of a rush.

Post back if you run into trouble, or just want to show off the project when it's done. We love to see what people have made.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”