Defective DMM 9205B+

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Zimber

Defective DMM 9205B+

Post by Zimber »

I bought a Digital Multimeter from a retailer and they won't let me return it. I used it only a couple of time and have had it laying around since then. Right from day one the knob was very hard to turn. Then all of a sudden it now spins freely. It still works but the the knob spins without the clicks to index it on a setting. Meaning it can very easily move from one setting to another by itself. What can I do. I feel like I bought a defective unit and the retailer won't take it back. I lost faith in this brand of multimeter but feel like I have been ripped off because as a consumer I can't even return it for a refund even though it is defective.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Defective DMM 9205B+

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

When and where did you get the multimeter?

Zimber

Post by Zimber »

I got it at Creatron Inc in Canada on July 13 this year.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thank you.

That's a bit past our 30-day return/replace period, so it's reasonable for them to send you here for more information. Let them know we've approved store credit for the cost of that meter, to be applied to the cost of another one.

They can contact our business team by sending a link to this page to [email protected] and our business team with settle up through their account with us.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”