Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Questions on MAS830 multimeter
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Questions on MAS830 multimeter

by vwyodapink on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I just received one of the basic multimeters that is for sale on the site. I was trying to test it out and I can not seem to get it to work. I have even followed the multimeter tutorial listed on ladyada's site incase I forgot the correct way to use it. The only thing I can get it to do is make a test sound but only when i connect the ground wire to a pos and the pos wire to a neg. I have tried basic battery tests running it exactly as stated in the tutorial and I can get no readings off of batteries, wal warts or anything. Can someone please give me some pointers as to whats going on. Also I did remove the little plastic tip coverings as well just incase someone might think I forgot that part. Please let me know any further information needed to help me out. Thanks for your time

vwyodapink

Re: Questions on MAS830 multimeter

by adafruit on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:21 pm

make sure you have the multimeter in the right setting. that the plugs are in properly. perhaps it needs a new battery so try replacing it

adafruit

Re: Questions on MAS830 multimeter

by vwyodapink on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

OK wow sorry I feel like a tool now there was a hold button that was on that I did not realize. Sorry about that, working fine now :P Thought I had checked everything like that already.

Thanks for your site and help!!!

vwyodapink

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.