USB microscope drivers
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

USB microscope drivers

by hkjolhede on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:06 am

Hello,

I recently bought your USB microscope through digikey.com. It was advertised as a 5MP microscope, same as in your shop, and branded as Adafruit. I received a MicroView microsope that others seem to have gotten as well. Visually it looks the same as your microscope. However, neither the driver on the CD in the package nor the one linked from your product page would install. Both said that no microscope was connected. Windows recognizes the microscope as a “Venus 2.0 USB webcamera”, and I can use the Plugable viewer that you recommend, but only in 1600x1200 (2MP) resolution. Does this mean that it is an older 2MP version and that I should contact DigiKey? Do you have other suggestions for drivers?

hkjolhede

Re: USB microscope drivers

by hkjolhede on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Was directed here after contacting the support email address. There seems to be others on the forum that have had the same question, but without any answer.

hkjolhede

Re: USB microscope drivers

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:18 am

We haven't heard of that restriction before.

One of the engineers mentioned running into size constraints when they connected a similar USB scope through a USB-2 hub. Apparently those don't carry data fast enough to support the full resolution.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.