Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

work bench hand tools organizer
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

work bench hand tools organizer

by GE9Z on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:11 am

i see on some of your "ask an engineer" video's where you are at your workbench and some of your hand tools, (pliers, cutters, etc) seem like they are hanging from some type of support just above the bench table.

q1. what type of support? i'm interested as my such tools just clutter about the bench.
GE9Z

Re: work bench hand tools organizer

by adafruit on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 am

its a wire shelf!

adafruit

by GE9Z on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

ok, thanks
GE9Z

by mikeselectricstuff on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 pm

For anything up to small pliers etc, get as many of these as you can fit along the back edge of your bench. You may want to snap off a few of the wide shallow sections to fit more in.
All your scopes, PSUs etc. should of course be on a second shelf above the main bench, so the back edge is free for holding small hand tools within easy reach.
mikeselectricstuff

by pstemari on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:39 am

Unfortunately, the 28' extension ladder lives on the wall over my bench, reducing my options for shelving. :(

Two houses ago I had a sweet basement workshop setup, w 6" and 12" deep shelves over the bench, shelf units at the ends, a laundry sink, and a second bench on the other side from the main one, but in the current place there's no basement and the bench is competing for space with the lawmower, car, etc.
--Paul

A wholly owned subsidiary of:
Persephone: DL R+W+B C 7 X L W C++ I++ T+ A E H++ S+ V-- F+ Q P B PA+ PL
Aldebaran: DM Rt H 5 Y L- W+ C+ I++ T++ A+++ E H++ S+ V+ F++ Q+ P B++ PA- PL--
pstemari

by GE9Z on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 am

>>All your scopes, PSUs etc. should of course be on a second shelf above the main bench,

yep, did that, except some plastic bins most often used are on part of the back of table with other plastic bins on second shelve. once i get comfortable in the chair, i don't like standing up much to "reach".

that's a cool lil item from discount office supplies. never crossed me one tracked mind, though i'm not surprized.

l like the idea, thanks
GE9Z

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.