Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Openbench logic sniffer
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Openbench logic sniffer

by Myrmidon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 am

Hello folks.

Has anyone used this http://dangerousprototypes.com/2010/02/25/prototype-open-logic-sniffer-logic-analyzer-2/ ?

What are your thoughts on it, it looks ok for the price, but i'm wondering if anyone has used it and can comment on it?

Or recommend another low cost equivalent.

:)
Myrmidon

Re: Openbench logic sniffer

by Entropy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 am

I have one, however I haven't used it beyond plugging it in and briefly testing the software.

The included Java client doesn't run on Ubuntu. There is another Java-based client that made the news recently (look at the late June/early July Adafruit blog), I may be trying it tonight.

One of the reasons I haven't tried it is because the probe breakout cables were not available from Seeed when I ordered mine. Make sure you get some, unless you've got the parts for ChuckM's jumpers - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15740 - that's what I'm going to test tonight.
Entropy

by Myrmidon on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:55 am

Cool, i'd be very interested on how you get on. :)
Myrmidon

by Entropy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 am

I made some ChuckM jumpers but was too busy playing with a PCA9635 to mess with the sniffer.

I was planning on using the sniffer to debug problems with the I2C control of the PCA9635, but there proved to be no problems to debug. EASY chip to work with!
Entropy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.