USB Microscope Shutter Speed

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
urasaminor

USB Microscope Shutter Speed

Post by urasaminor »

Hello,
I have a Microview USB Digital Microscope purchased from Adafruit, and I am trying to use it for a remotely operated microscope with a Raspberry Pi. I intend to use it for florescent imaging, so I need a shutter speed as long as possible. Would anyone know how to adjust the shutter speed from a Raspberry Pi with Buster? I have tried multiple formats, using fswebcam, v4l2-ctl Python's OpenCV, but it does not appear to respond to some of these commands nor do they give an option to control it's shutter speed. For example v4l2-ctl --list-controls gives no options for exposure time, but using the same menu on a PiCam gives exposure time. I understand this is a rather niche use, but I was hoping someone might have experience with the microscope's controls outside the provided software. Thank you.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: USB Microscope Shutter Speed

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I'm afraid we don't have any information about that. I don't know if the CCD module even gives you the option to control the amount of time it spends collecting light.

You might have to take several images and add their pixel values together.

urasaminor

Re: USB Microscope Shutter Speed

Post by urasaminor »

That seems to be the case from tinkering with different control systems. Thank you for the rapid response!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”