RETURN/REPLACEMENT: Best 102C Soldering Iron

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RockPaperScissor

RETURN/REPLACEMENT: Best 102C Soldering Iron

Post by RockPaperScissor »

I am not sure how to initiate a return or replacement? I purchased this iron less than 2 weeks ago and the "temperature adjustment Up/Down switches" dont work. I have used the iron a toal of 2 times to insert a total of 2 M3 brass inserts in 3D printed parts. The first time the switch seemed to "somewhat work" but was not resonding to all button pushes; but last night I simply could not change the temperature setting, neither the Up or Down buttons worked at all. I tried turning it off and on, i tried unplugging and re-plugging, but the up/down buttons were not responding. This morining (out of curiosity) I tried it again and now it seems to work again. Something is not working correctly as this shouldn't be happening to a new iron that has only been used twice.

Can someone help me in either issuing a return or sending me a replacement iron?

Thank you.

adafruit2

Re: RETURN/REPLACEMENT: Best 102C Soldering Iron

Post by adafruit2 »

hi, there might be a lockout period? what happens if you try again.

RockPaperScissor

Post by RockPaperScissor »

I'm not sure what you mean by lockout period, but you should be able to adjust the temperature during use.

Anyway, the iron has been unplugged since my post and I just plugged the iron in again and now when I press the on/off button to turn the iron on the red LED (on the temperature scale) comes on for a second and as soon as I let go of the on/off button the iron turns off. Meaning the iron wont stay on. Something is wrong with the iron.

Please let me know next steps in sending a replacement or processing a return---thank you.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

email support@adafruit for a new iron

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”