ST-Link 2548 pinout

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
FromHw2Fw

ST-Link 2548 pinout

Post by FromHw2Fw »

The ST-Link V2 has a VTref pin to detect the target voltage.
The 2548 shown in the picture from DigiKey has 2 pins marked 3.3V and 2 pins marked 5V.
This product claims a 5V source and a 3.3V regulated source, but, where is the target voltage sense pin?

mikeysklar

Re: ST-Link 2548 pinout

Post by mikeysklar »

Hi FromHw2Fw,

I think I see the confusion here. There is more than one STLink V2 programmer. The basic model we sell can handle regulated power at both voltages, but does not have a target voltage sense pin. The higher end versions include a sense pin. At least that is what I gather from forum discussions. Had you seen otherwise?

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-link-v2.html

FromHw2Fw

Post by FromHw2Fw »

Thank you for your reply.
I'll try to be more specific; until now I was working either with ST-Link/V2 (white pod) and ST-Link/V2 ISOL (blue/white pod) by ST.
They both lack regulated power supply so I must externally power the target to be able to program and emulate.

Your product
ST-Link STM8/STM32 v2 Programmer & Emulator
PRODUCT ID: 2548
in addition to being a very compact USB dongle, offers two voltages with which I can power my targets.

What I want to know is:
does Atollic TrueSTUDIO or STM32 ST-LINK Utility need the target voltage sense pin to work?

regards

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Hi FromHw2Fw,

I can't really say if Atollic TrueSTUDIO will work correctly with this adapter. When I look at our datasheet linked from our product page it shows pictures of the other two st-link/v2 programmers (white pod and blue/white pod) that you have. I would say it is probably worth trying to make it work with Atollics products due to it's price and compactness. At the end of the datasheet we linked to it does mention compatibility.

https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/product-f ... 8+data.pdf
STM32 applications use the USB full speed interface to communicate with Atollic, IAR, Keil or TASKING integrated development environments

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”