Problems with

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aniket1973

Problems with

Post by aniket1973 »

I ordered a BEST 102C (PID 3685) soldering iron on Sept 25. I have not been able to get it to work properly.

When I press the on button, sometimes I'm able to turn it on, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes the bottom light coms on while
the on button is pushed but goes off once I let go and does not come on.

I think the iron is defective.

The order number was 2371370-5378204685

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Problems with

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

aniket1973

Post by aniket1973 »

I already contacted them (see email below) and they said to contact you. I've also have not received a response to my post about the clue and the cricket for micorbit that I posted. I had ordered them with the same order. So now what do I do? With regard to the issues regarding the soldering iron, clue and cricket for microbit.

----Email already sent to [email protected]----

Hi Aniket!

Thanks for the note! Our colleagues in the engineering and technical support forums will assist you with this type of question: http://www.adafruit.com/forums/. They are also able to authorize replacements if necessary.

Please click on the most appropriate forum then click “Post a Topic” to create a new post.

Here are some tips to help you place your support post:

1) Tell us what product you are asking about, your Adafruit order number, and when you purchased the item.

2) Post clear photos, focused, and detailed pictures of the front and back of the boards, as well as any connections to the board.

3) For software issues, please post the complete text of your IDE's error message. Please use the

Code: Select all

tag when posting error messages as well as code.

4) If you are having trouble with a code sketch, please post or link to your entire source code. Again, please use the [code] tag when posting code.

5) If you are building a project from the Learning System, please post a link to the page you are having difficulty with.

6) Please create a new post in the forums instead of piggybacking on an existing topic. If you do see other threads with similar questions or issues referring to them in your post can help and is greatly appreciated!

7) Responses in the forums can take up to 1-2 business days. Please reply to this thread with a link to your post in the forums if you do not receive a response within that time frame.

For more details about posting on the technical support, check out our Customer

Support Forum video here: http://youtu.be/HnTXXu9Bve0

and our guide here: https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-help-with-your-technical-support-questions

Thank you,
Adafruit support, Zay

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 7:24 PM Aniket Patel <[email protected]> wrote:

contactname : Aniket Patel
    email address : [email protected]
    Order Number : 2371370-5378204685
    Message : I have not had a chance to check my full oder but my clue and
    soldering iron are not working properly. I can't check if the microbit
    crikit is working properly without the clue working properly.  What do I do?
    Client IP: 68.98.139.36

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The link to this page is my authorization to do a replacement.

Our policy is to have technicians review issues before doing a replacement, so contacting the support address without a link gets you that message. I know the standard failure modes and serviceable issues for that device, and the symptoms you reported have no easy fix. That's why I didn't need to do any further testing before authorizing the replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”