Motion Control Screwdriver ES120 not functionning ?

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
f1iqf

Motion Control Screwdriver ES120 not functionning ?

Post by f1iqf »

Hello fellow New Yorkers :)

I received today an ES120 Motion Control Screwdriver (part 3856) ordered last week-end (order 2445813-6246102602).

Upon opening the package, the screwdriver was somewhat working for 1 or 2 minutes, but not very well (a little erratic but its motor was turning). I tried updating its firmware (using the link on your product description, I tried several firmware versions), the update process went smoothly but it did not help in the end ; I put it to charge for 6 hours, and it is about half charged (but not fully, I don't understand why, I tried different cables and chargers) and it is not turning at all anymore.

The "little picture of a screw" on its screen seems to be "turning" and "going up and down" as I rotate the tool while pressing the button so its logic and firmware seem to be fine, but the bit at the end is not moving...

I had a look at the Miniware forums at minidso.com and if some other peoples seem to have had similar problems, I have not seen a solution there.

Do you have any idea how I could fix it ?

Thank you in advance for your support :)

Best regards,
Nicolas

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Motion Control Screwdriver ES120 not functionning ?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Hmm.. there isn't much troubleshooting we can do with one of those.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement, and will arrange return shipping for the one you have now.

quilltrott

Post by quilltrott »

I am having almost the same issues.

I got this because I loved the one a friend of mine has. So I know how it should be working.

Right out the box it would only turn a small fraction of a rotation then stop.
Charged for 7 hours. (Battery displayed as full)
Tried again got several rotation in the clockwise direction and then it would stop. Would then only do the small fraction of a rotation thing again.
The display also goes dark and will not turn back on unless plugged into a usb charger.
Tried updating Firmware. Followed directions that came with it. Plugged into several different PCs and it does not show up as removable flash drive. So I was unable to update firmware. Please advise. This item was brand-new out the box.
order number 2405997-4787079476

f1iqf

Post by f1iqf »

Mine was replaced by Adafruit support. New one works like a charm :) Thank You Adafruit !
You way want to email them as I did, see address in a previous post !

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”