ES120 screw driver

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit2

Re: ES120 screw driver

Post by adafruit2 »

have you sent the video to miniwave and asked for support help? we don't have any access to the firmware, we really just sell the screwdriver!

zmilewski

Post by zmilewski »

adafruit2 wrote:have you sent the video to miniwave and asked for support help?
I just did, and will report back here if they respond. Thanks for the object lesson in how to annoy your (former) customers.

zmilewski

Post by zmilewski »

Miniware responded, asked for a receipt and serial number, and are sending a replacement under warranty.

zmilewski

Post by zmilewski »

In the mean time, I ordered one from Amazon, which I seem to be able to operate just fine. I'll let you know if I can successfully operate the replacement from Miniware when it arrives.

zmilewski

Post by zmilewski »

The replacement arrived from Miniware today, and apparently I have enough practice to operate this one as well.

So, it's just the one that Adafruit shipped that I'm not skilled enough to operate. Or, perhaps, Adafruit got a bad batch, and @adafruit2 should stop blaming the customer.

quilltrott

Post by quilltrott »

Wow!! I got mine in from Amazon last week and I too must have some how acquired the needed skill to correctly operate this devilishly confounding tool. Maybe the Ada fruit ones are more complicated??? I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation.

Machman

Post by Machman »

I am having the exact same issue, it seems like it's an issue with voltage sag causing instability, combined with a low voltage and overcurrent protection triggering. If so, it is a hardware problem, and no firmware is going to fix it.
If someone is feeling adventurous, maybe try replacing the battery with something a bit bigger like an 18650 with an extended case, that might fix the issue, at the cost of warranty and the possibility of a return.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”