Quick 957DW+ Not getting up to temp

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Sparkimus

Quick 957DW+ Not getting up to temp

Post by Sparkimus »

I believe my new Quick 957DW+ purchased on 4/24/21 is not getting up to the indicated temperature. I'm not new to these types of these hot air stations, but I admit it has been a while since I've used one. The typical 300C set point was not effective in melting the solder on the Nintendo Switch I was attempting to repair, and even when i gradually raised the temperature all the way to 450C (max for this unit) I was not able to effectively melt the solder on the pads. It seemed to me based on how the solder was behaving that the unit was barely reaching 300C. I was able to confirm this somewhat with a cooking thermometer. At 450C set point, the thermometer only reached 260C before starting to stabilize.

I was using some smd flux to help melt the solder, but it did not help much. I was able to use my iron to melt the solder but not the hot air station.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Quick 957DW+ Not getting up to temp

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Just to check, when did you get the unit?

Sparkimus

Post by Sparkimus »

I received the package on Thursday, 04/29/2021

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thank you.

There isn't much user-level debugging that can be done with those. Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement, and may arrange return shipping for the one you have now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”