ES120 stopping and not working

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mbozy

ES120 stopping and not working

Post by mbozy »

Hello,
I recently purchased an ES120 screwdriver and the screwdriver stops working, usually after a screw is completely in and doesn’t work at all until it’s plugged in. The behavior has nothing to do with the charge. It does this even when the battery is completely full. I tried to update the firmware and it still does the same thing. After its plugged in and works again, it’s only a matter of time until it completely shuts down again and needs to be plugged in to work

mikeysklar

Re: ES120 stopping and not working

Post by mikeysklar »

Is there anything appearing on the display after you completely screw a device in? If you flick your wrist the opposite direction (rotating the driver as well) will it attempt to unscrew? I've used this driver for a while and I do recall have a little bit of learning curve getting used to how it slows down near the end of driving and requires careful wrist rotation to get the correct direction when driving.

mbozy

Post by mbozy »

Unfortunately the screwdriver completely shuts off and screen goes off. Nothing turns on until it’s plugged back in. I can use it both directions just fine when it works but it doesn’t screw more than 10 screws before doing the black screen / turn off thing again

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@mbozy,

What was the date of purchase of the ES120 from us?

mbozy

Post by mbozy »

I purchased it 5/15/2021

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

@mbozy can you contact [email protected] because i think they have a firmware fix!

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I heard back from [email protected]. They confirmed that 2020.07.22 v1.14 is their latest firmware. I uploaded to an ES120 and the battery readings and usage does seem to be significantly more stable.

http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod=vi ... d&tid=1733

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

thanks mikey!

mbozy

Post by mbozy »

mikeysklar wrote:I heard back from [email protected]. They confirmed that 2020.07.22 v1.14 is their latest firmware. I uploaded to an ES120 and the battery readings and usage does seem to be significantly more stable.

http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod=vi ... d&tid=1733
Hey Mikey! I have uploaded the new firmware and after a couple of screws it’s the same issue

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@mbozy,

Since you are in the 30 day return window we can start a replacement.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a return / replacement for the ES120. They will require this forum link to show we have discussed the issue and your original invoice#.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”