ES 120 keeps stopping
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

ES 120 keeps stopping

by cskinner on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:32 pm

Hello,
I ordered and received a portable screwdriver ES120 and it has stopped working just one day after gentle testing, I got it for laptop repair and only really used it for 2 screws and loosened them before hand and showed it to a few people, really cool tool but now it will barely move and will stop quickly, the screen shows it's movement then the animation stops which is just how it's working which tells me that the gyro sensor may be faulty possibly, I upgraded the firmware to v1.14 and still dose the same thing, sometimes I can get it to turn very slow clockwise but it stops pretty quickly and counter clockwise never really goes, and the screen shuts off after trying to get it to work and the only way to get it to turn back on is to plug it into a charger then it back to that same nonfunctioning state I tried to describe, also charged fully.
apologies for my brevity
seems very similar to this post : viewtopic.php?f=44&t=179666
Clint

cskinner

Re: ES 120 keeps stopping

by mikeysklar on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi Clint,

Thank you for upgrading the firmware and trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Have you used these motion based drivers before? I only ask because the wrist turn can require multiple gestures and some practice.

If you feel this unit is truly defective with the powering off and screen blanking you are seeing we can setup a return for you assuming this was ordered in the last 30 days from us.

mikeysklar

by cskinner on Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:47 pm

Thank you,
No, I'm new to this motion control but when it was working correctly it was a breeze to use and I had no issue with it's operation out of the box but during testing it just stopped responding correctly to motion and now almost no movement will , make it move. purchased may 26,
I would like it replaced or a refund.
Thank,

cskinner

by adafruit2 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:01 pm

OK before replacing, please try to contact service@morningtools.com - they have a tech support team and we don't have any way to repair or debug or analyze the issue (we get them pre-boxed)

adafruit2
Site Admin

by cskinner on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:21 am

Ok thank you , I will reach out to them.
Thanks,

cskinner

by cskinner on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello, It's going on 6 days and I still have no reply from morning tools, I will keep trying to reach out to them but I just wanted to let you know this.
Thanks,

cskinner

by mikeysklar on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Sounds like your note might have been lost in their mailbox. Can you send them one more followup? They had responded to me in < 24 hours last time I contacted them.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.