DT71 tweezers not charging

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
skmj

DT71 tweezers not charging

Post by skmj »

I suspect that I have a working controller but the batteries in the arms are not taking a charge. I left the arms plugged in to charge overnight a couple times. I understand that the red charging light should turn off once charged, but it has remained illuminated each time. Then connecting the controller, making sure it's firmly seated, tapping the button on the end, tapping the probes together, nothing happens.

This thread starts out the same way but reset and updates didn't resolve the issue:
  • I was able to connect the controller, it says "DFU:V3.53 4.982V".
  • I put "load defaults" into CAL.INI and it resets that file and entire filesystem to the original contents.
  • From this post on the Miniware forum, I loaded DT71APP108.hex, it resets, and the file changed to DT71AP~1.RDY.
That was all as expected, but still nothing after assembling again. Finally, following those updates, I charged the arms another 9 hours today, the red light stays on, again nothing when assembled. Is there anything else I can try?

mikeysklar

Re: DT71 tweezers not charging

Post by mikeysklar »

You found the right post to follow. If the "long press" does not turn on the unit when unplugged then we should swap it out. Thanks for doing the FW updates and factory reset. That is really all we can recommend.

Let's set you up with a replacement. Please e-mail [email protected] with your invoice number and a link to this forum thread requesting another DT71.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”