UTi165K broken

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tsanchez0

UTi165K broken

Post by tsanchez0 »

Hi, I purchased a thermal camera and it never charged out of the box. It will not turn on. I have tried several chargers and it will not work. I'd like to return it for a refund as your company makes it extremely difficult to return defective products. Order Number : 2669580-4146222261

adafruit2

Re: UTi165K broken

Post by adafruit2 »

hihi we want to get it working! these cameras are annoying in how they charge. if we replace it and it still doesnt charge because of some other issue, we're back to square one.
first up, what are you using to charge, is it a wall adapter or is it a USB cable to a computer?

tsanchez0

Post by tsanchez0 »

I've tried everything. I have used several USB wall adapters. Nothing will charge the device.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

ok well lets try a computer: with the device off - use a USB A to USB C cable (e.g. not one with a USB C-C connection in case its a PD issue) - plug it in, but dont press any buttons on the device. does the LCD display a battery symbol? also, try flipping the USB cable around 180

tsanchez0

Post by tsanchez0 »

I tried two different cables that are USB A to USB C. None of them worked. I even tried my charger to my mac book. Still nothing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”