Defective ES120 Motion Control Screwdriver

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
editguy

Defective ES120 Motion Control Screwdriver

Post by editguy »

Purchased ES120 Motion Control Screwdriver on October 20th ORDER #2688717-9851659617. The screwdriver worked great for only an hour before slowing to a halt with a charge still showing on the battery. It shuts itself off and does not power back on until plugged back in. After letting it sit on the charger it will still not work and shut itself off after a moment. Here is a link to a video displaying the behavior. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14G95Hz ... sp=sharing

mikeysklar

Re: Defective ES120 Motion Control Screwdriver

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for making the video.

You can try the firmware update we recommend.

http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod=vi ... d&tid=1733

I'm not sure if it is supposed to work while charging and the wrist flick required is significant to start the rotation.

If you are still having issues after the FW update please send a note to [email protected] with your video link.

editguy

Post by editguy »

There is no change after updating the firmware, I tried that yesterday. I was working with the tool fine for and hour so I'm familiar with how it operates and how much wrist rotation is necessary.

After reading other posts similar to mine I am not willing to go down that road on a brand new product that worked for all of an hour. I'm not talking to your vendor for you that's your job. I straight up want a refund for a very expensive defective product, How do I begin the refund process?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a refund. You will need to send a link to this forum thread and include your order#.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”