MICROVIEW USB MICROSCOPE

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joyraynes

MICROVIEW USB MICROSCOPE

Post by joyraynes »

I'm having problems running the USB microscope on Windows operating systems. I'm using the MicroCapture 2.5 software that came with the product, and I installed the USB drivers as well. I've tried running this on three separate computers - A WinXP laptop, a Win7 64 bit laptop, and a Win8 surface pro.

The software loads and functions at basic resolution in all cases, but does not function at resolutions above 1024x768 on any of the computers. When I select higher resolutions in each cases, the screen image freezes and I need to disconnect and reconnect the scope from the USB connection, and restart the program in order to get things running again at lower resolutions. I can imagine that there might be a frames per second reduction at higher resolutions but I see no way of reducing that setting in order to get an functioning image response.

Is there another Windows software program available that fully exercises the product to it's specified performance levels, or am I missing something?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: MICROVIEW USB MICROSCOPE

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I don't know. The MicroCapture program works at full resolution on my Windows 7 box. i don't know about any other programs. However, the scope is fairly common, so there may be other programs out there. I googled and found this page. I *think* either the VMS-001 or VMS-004 is the same device...
http://www.veho-uk.com/main/downloads.aspx

Look under "Drivers and Software/Microscopes"

joyraynes

Post by joyraynes »

I downloaded the program from the site you recommended. It's the same MicroCapture 2.5 in a different outer wrapper. This version at least has a preferences menu and documentation is available, more than I can say for what came with the camera. But still the same result, tried it both on a 32 bit and a 64 bit windows machine. I uninstalled everything prior to installing this new version. It works up to 1024x768 resolution, but image capture freezes at all settings above that and I have to shut down the program and disconnect and reconnect the camera to get things working again.

adafruit_support_rick

I don't know. I doubt that it's the microscope. but we can try replacing it anyway. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement microscope

DavidHTracy

Post by DavidHTracy »

I was trying to find a MicroCapture software version like the one in the pdf manual, with Preferences. I tried your suggestion of the Veho download (VMS-004 version 2) on my Windows 7 PC. It installed easily and it works pretty much the same as the Microcapture version that came with the Microscope, although the file size is only 6.6Mbyte vs 8.5Mbyte.

However, the Preferences submenu under Options is now available and allows extensive control of the camera, which is important for anything but playing around :-).
In particular, I needed to be able to turn off autoexposure and be able to set Gamma to 1 so the image data is radiometrically meaningful and different images can be compared, subtracted, etc.

It is not clear why this Preference submenu got dropped in your MicroCapture version, but you might consider re-instating it. Folks who don't need it can simply ignore it and use the defaults.

Thanks!,
Dave Tracy

adafruit_support_rick

Are you saying that the microscope comes with the newer version? Or did you download it from somewhere?
We have no control over what version of microcapture ships with the scope. If there's a newer version out there to download, post the URL here and we'll update our link.

AtifNabil

Post by AtifNabil »

Hi,
We ordered 1 unit of Microview USB microscope for testing, the box said focal length 10mm to infinite.
We tested it and found suitable for our purpose, then we ordered 13 more cameras.

Unfortunately the specification on the box is same but the cameras have focus range from 10-50mm only.
Our usable distance is around 150mm.
Kindly suggest.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we're getting the exact same product as far as we know, can you tell what is different, like logo/physically/anythingotherthanjustfocaldistance?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”