Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is part of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign. Adafruit is open and shipping.

My reflow station stopped working as well
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

My reflow station stopped working as well

by jonathanware on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

My reflow station (Hot Air Soldering Rework Station w/ Three Nozzles - Quick 957D PID: 1869) that I ordered a few months back in order #927750-3569160893​ recently stopped working. It'll turn on, you can turn the knobs and see number change but as soon as you aren't touching knobs it shows three dashes and never during any of this process blows air. I've probably used it a grand total of 20 times since I purchased it and it's sat on my desk here at work without moving.

jonathanware

Re: My reflow station stopped working as well

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 am

Try unplugging it and letting it sit without power for a day or two.

Mine did the same thing. I opened it up to see what was going wrong, got busy with other things, and when I came back to trace the signals it worked without any problems. My guess is that a bad value got stuck in the microcontroller's memory, and letting all the signals discharge to zero cleared the glitch.

adafruit_support_mike

by jonathanware on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok I'll give that a try and report back.

jonathanware

by jonathanware on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:52 pm

I left it off over the weekend plus some and she's working good as new now. Thanks!

jonathanware

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:49 am

Glad to hear it!

adafruit_support_mike

by jonathanware on Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:46 pm

So I went to turn it on today and it is doing the same thing. How often is this going to happen? I can't be unplugging it for a day every other day, y'know?

jonathanware

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:57 pm

Give it one more chance, and if it doesn't settle down to working we'll get you a replacement.

adafruit_support_mike

by jonathanware on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:21 am

I decided to give it a few more chances than one. I think in total I've given it about 4 more chances. It only worked that first time I let it sit though. It hasn't worked since.

jonathanware

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Fair enough. Send a note to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement.

(#1869)

adafruit_support_mike

by jonathanware on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Gonna post this here to see if you'll get flagged on it. I'll make another post if this doesn't get seen though.

So the replacement model you sent just started having the same issue. Since you troubleshooted (troubleshot?) me to unplug it to clear values I've been keeping it unplugged when not in use. The issue first happened last week so I unplugged it and didn't plug it in until today and it still has the issues. Did your model end up having the issue again?

jonathanware

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:48 am

No, it only dropped out that one time and has been working ever since.

Given the elapsed time and the fact that we've done one replacement, I'll need to ask what options I have at this point.

UPDATE: Given the fact that we've already provided one replacement, and the amount of time since we did that, there's nothing more we can do.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.