Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

USB Microscope Problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

USB Microscope Problem

by rnallen on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:39 pm

I ordered the USB Microscope on Tuesday March 8, 2016. Invoice Number 1041108
When I tried USB Microscope it worked for about 5 minutes then the picture went black.

Even after letting it set in the box for a few days when I tried it again I still had a black picture

The LEDs light ring lights up and the computer detected the USB Microscope but no picture.

This was on a Windows 7 laptop.
I also tried it on a Windows Vista and a Windows XP laptop. It was the same results. It loaded the driver and detected the USB Microscope but no picture. LED light ring lights up.
When the USB Microscope is connected to the computer I don’t get any disconnects moving the wires around just a black picture.

The USB voltage is 4.9 to 5.1 volts during the testing. Current draw is about 0.003 amp in standby and 0.130 amp when accessing the camera. It also shows up in the device manager of the computers I tried.

Has any one seen this problem before? Any idea what may have happened? Is this an easy fix I can do my self?

rnallen

Re: USB Microscope Problem

by rnallen on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Update
When I press the button on the USB Microscope the AMCAP program pops up. When I try to capture video the seconds start counting up but the frames capture and frames dropped remain at 0.

rnallen

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:20 am

There isn't much debugging we can do with those.

Send a note to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number. The folks there will get you a replacement, and may arrange return shipping for the one you have now.

adafruit_support_mike

by rnallen on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:10 am

Received my replacement microscope and plugged it in to the computer. Everything is working great. thank you Adafruit for the fast service.

rnallen

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.