๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Bluetooth Low Energy Project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluetooth Low Energy Project

by GertJan on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi!

For my master's dissertation, I am investigating the possibilities of BLE in terms of speed (I know it is not used for high-speed applications, but I have to look into it).
I have a couple of questions about this. Currently, I have written an android app and when sending data continuously from the Bluefruit SPI friend chip to my phone, I manage to reach the same speed as the Adafruit Bluefruit App (looking how many bits are received by my phone). Now, for my questions:
1) Could a higher speed be achieved, when modifying the Adafruit Arduino libraries?
2) Is there a known theoretical speed limit when using the Nordic UART service?
3) How long does it take to develop such a Ble service?
4) Are there any Adafruit Ble chips implementing other ble services/profiles? (I think I read about using custom services on the Bluefruit SPI friend, but it was not so clear for me).

I know these questions may be a bit bothersome, but it would help me a lot. Thank you in advance!

GertJan

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.