๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

How to add more servos to the Adafruit Servo hat?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How to add more servos to the Adafruit Servo hat?

by FrancescaVidal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry if this seems like such a basic question. I recently purchased the 16-PWM channel servo hat from Adafruit to control a total of 6 servos. I was successful in controlling two of them using the servo_controller.py code provided by adafruit. In that code, I had initialized the pwm1 and pwm2 with the addresses 0x40 and 0x70. However, when I attached the other four servos and did the "sudo i2c detect", I am still only seeing the first two servos I attached (the address shows up as 0x40 and 0x70) and I cannot figure out how to get it working. Do these addresses even correspond to the servos attached to the board? Maybe I am not understanding how the I2C addressing works. Please, any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

FrancescaVidal

Re: How to add more servos to the Adafruit Servo hat?

by FrancescaVidal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Sorry, I literally just figured out how it works. LOL.

FrancescaVidal

Re: How to add more servos to the Adafruit Servo hat?

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:30 am

0x40 and 0x70 are the i2c addresses of the PCA9685 chip. The servos don't have i2v addresses. They are controlled via the 16 channels on the PCA9685.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.