Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Zero Dead
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Zero Dead

by xtiurfadax on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:17 am

Dear Tech,
I read many of the help and from what I read my Zero is dead, I am a noob to Raspberries but not to electromechanical understanding including electronics, microprocessors and microcontrollers, this board is dead. I take care of my equipment, I don't abuse things. I ordered Zero W but I would like for this one to be replaced please.

I used a USB data cable that I use daily to charge and transfer pictures from my phone, when I connected the Zero to my computer it didn't show up in the device manager nor did I see the light blink at all with and without a SD card with the Raspbian Jessie image installed on it. I didn't have a HDMI adaptor so I ordered one and waited for my HDMI adaptor to cruise a slow boat from china, anyway my thirty days are about up and now I see that it is dead.

Can I please get a replacement?

xtiurfadax

Re: Zero Dead

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 am

Have you worked with any other Raspberry Pi's before. If you're just starting with a Zero, it can be tricky due to it's minimal nature. Also, sometimes getting a good and up to date operating system image flashed to the SD card can be troublesome.

Is this the test you were trying?
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... -zero-dead

What operating system image did you try to use and how did you flash it to the SD card?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.