📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 3 Day orders by 11am ET Friday December 13 📬❄️📦

BLE Breakout with Mega2560 and IOS Connect Pin I/O mode
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

BLE Breakout with Mega2560 and IOS Connect Pin I/O mode

by Zygdifoid on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Greetings Adafruit Team.
I've been trying to get my BLE Breakout (nrf8001) to work with my Mega 2560 and the Bluefruit Connect IOS app in Pin I/O Mode.... I was able to get my Uno to configure and from there I could utilize the Pin I/O functions. However, when I set up my Mega 2560, I am able to connect to the App, but when I click on Pin I/O, I get the message "No response to capability query. Assuming default pin format (Arduino Uno)". I believe that I am configuring the pins correctly with SCK at pin 52, MISO at pin 50, and MOSI at pin 51. In addition I have REQ at pin10, RST at pin 9 and RDY at Pin 19 (appropriate for Mega 2560). I'm using the Firmata_nRF8100 Sketch with the aforementioned RDY 19 mod in the BluefruitConfig.h file. I added all of the digital I/O pins to the sketch and because the Firmata_nRF did not have a "#elif defined(__AVR_ATmega2560__)" line, I created one that specified all the analog IO and PWM pins.
My Sketch is attached in .ino form with the extension .txt to allow it to be uploaded. Just change the extension back to ino before opening. An MS WORD version is also attached with the modified areas highlighted for clarity. Its extension was also changed to .txt so it could be uploaded. Please change its extension back to docx before opening. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Are there any other Mods I need to do to the Sketch and/or corrections to the pin configurations that I am using? I've tried all that I know how to do (limited as that may be) and I've finally admitted defeat. Can someone please help me? I'd be in their debt!
All the best and thank you in advance for any assistance.
Russ
Attachments
Firmata_nRF8001_For_UnoMega_RMY WORD ver.txt
This is the word version of my sketch. Please change the extension from .txt back to .docx
(25.08 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Firmata_nRF8001_For_UnoMega_RMY ino ver.txt
This is the ino version of my sketch. Please change the extension from .txt back to .ino
(28.43 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

Zygdifoid

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.