📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 3 Day orders by 11am ET Friday December 13 📬❄️📦

Can i ask questions here to be answer on AaE?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can i ask questions here to be answer on AaE?

by CressWrnch44 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Well i would like to know a couple of questions... but i will only ask one this week.
How do you use a voltage regulator?

CressWrnch44

Re: Can i ask questions here to be answer on AaE?

by adafruit on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 pm

itstemo1 wrote:Well i would like to know a couple of questions... but i will only ask one this week. How do you use a voltage regulator?

questions are asked during the chat - you have a week to do some research so make it count :)

for "How do you use a voltage regulator?" we could explain it, but it might be even better to look up some resources now and then ask what you still don't understand, this way you can maximize your time (and ours) - see you at the chat this week!

cheers,
adafruit

adafruit

by george graves on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 am

I would actually like to second that suggestion. But I'll add that sometime a questions is too complex to fit into the Ustream chat character length - so it would be fun to have. Not that we don't love what you are doing now!

gg
New blog - www.digitalunderpants.com
george graves

by CressWrnch44 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Well, I would like to say that I like the current set up

- News
- Random Talk
- Make Electronics
- Random Talk
- AaE
- Cat

What would happen after you finish the Book? I know it might take a couple of weekends but I am just saying.
What are you going to do?

Anyways... Its not my decision.

P.S. I like the show. Probably the only thing I like to watch live.

CressWrnch44

by pm6041141 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Along the same lines could we add a "question of the week"? Something that may require more research than time allows during the one hour ask an engineer webcast.

My question for consideration is: I often see schematics that have differing values for filter capacitors on 7805 regulators. Even different multitudes of capacitors. By different I mean a deviation from the datasheet showing 0.33uF on the input and 0.1uF on the output. When and why or how do you chose new capacitor values. I assume it is largely based on circuit load. Personally I have never had trouble with the datasheet values.

Also, ask an engineer is great.
pm6041141

by aeam on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Well, I could say that sometimes a person can't attend the chat. I tried twice in a row but fell asleep before I could join because of my work schedule. I think asking serious questions ahead of time may help people like me. Sometimes there is too much activity on the irc ... anyways... I actually wanted to ask this exact question, I'm glad someone else brought it up.

cheers.
aeam

by george graves on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm sure the chat will evolve over time - but for the time being at least, I guess it's "be there or be square."

There is the lovely forum too! It's always a resource you can take advantage of! :D
New blog - www.digitalunderpants.com
george graves

by adafruit on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 pm

aeam wrote:Well, I could say that sometimes a person can't attend the chat. I tried twice in a row but fell asleep before I could join because of my work schedule. I think asking serious questions ahead of time may help people like me. Sometimes there is too much activity on the irc ... anyways... I actually wanted to ask this exact question, I'm glad someone else brought it up. cheers.

we try to do what's fair, for the people who attend the LIVE show, they've changed their schedules, stayed up and are participating. we want to make sure all of their questions are answered live and also do follow ups with them since electronics questions are rarely just one-question-one-answer. there's 600+ people in the chat on saturday night, we need to focus on them. we only have less than an hour and we need to maximize it the best we can.

that said, if there's ever a time where there are not any live participant questions we'll of course visit the forum and read off some questions, just keep in mind that will never be our priority :)

cheers,
adafruit

adafruit

by aeam on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:41 am

Fair enough, I guess we are not looking at it from your view point. I always enjoy the show whether it is recorded (or live) ... it's funny but I sort of thought of myself as a participant even though, come to think of it, that participation has been through recorded videos (thanks GG!) ... I guess that is an indication of how engaging your shows are... one feels like they're there :)

Cheers,
aeam

by CressWrnch44 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 pm

P.S. Ada

Thanks for this saturday (4/3/2010) AaE. I learn a lot. I specially learn how to PROPERLY use a Voltage Regulator.

CressWrnch44

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.